Thursday, January 04, 2007

Recycle the Tree and then to the Beach

Today we took the tired old Christmas tree to the recycling facility. It is on the edge of Cape Henlopen State Park. This is a beautiful area that has beautiful beaches, nature reserves, camps, walking and bicycle trails and holds much history of the area. We have learned that the park is very busy during the summer. However, it is really special during these down months. I hope that we get to go there more often and learn more of the history soon.

As you can see by this picture, it was a beautiful day. I can't believe that I was able to catch the seagull in flight. We did not walk too far since I still have to get used to walking in the deeper sand that you have to go through to get to the water. Even so, we did stroll along the beach and enjoyed the sun and surf.

Here are some more pictures that I took today.

Along the water's edge
The dunes

Shell and Seagull Tracks

Cape Henlopen Lighthouse

No comments: