Friday, November 02, 2007

Good Morning

Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes, into
Your brother's face, your country
And say simply
Very simply
With hope
Good morning
by Maya Angelou

Just a few minutes ago I decided to take a break and check the Weather Channel. While cruising with the remote I paused on the Martha Stewart Show. Her guest was Dr. Maya Angelou who read the above passage from "On the Pulse of Morning." I thought it would fit the above photo taken Wednesday morning. I was also reminded of a day several years ago when I was so fortunate to attend a luncheon where Dr. Angelou was the speaker. I loved her work before then and ever since I have been in awe of her. Never before or since have I seen so many people so captivated for so many minutes. Imagine if you can a large convention area, concrete floors and all; hard seats; tables needing to be cleared; 2,000+ women; and not a sound except those coming from the lips of the speaker. I came from there believing that when Maya Angelou says, "Good Morning" she means it from the heart.

So, Good Morning.

No comments: