Friday, March 14, 2008

Camera

"If wishes were horses we'd all take a ride" is what I have to tell myself often. I have been wishing for a digital SLR camera for quite a while. Nothing fancy but one I could do a few more things with than my point-and-shoot. That wish finally came true and now I wish I knew how to use it. Will I ever be satisfied? Probably not.

I am jumping into taking pictures with my new camera a little slower than I usually do such things. I have read some of the instruction manual and watched one of the two videos that came with it. You know what, it came just in time for me to capture some of Spring coming.

A sure sign of around here is when the turtles start clinging to logs and other projections in the pond. With my old camera you could not see what was on the log. Now you can.

Here I zoomed in with Paint Shop so you could see them closer. These guys are the first of the season and I hope to actually get a much better shots as the season progresses.

While out and about today I stopped for few moments at the beach in Lewes.

These guys could care if there is a life guard on duty. In a few weeks there will hardly be room for the seagulls on the beach.

Still a little cool but the sun is shining.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Wow, what great pics with your new camera. FYI - your second picture doesn't show up for me.

I can't wait to see what new adventures you will be able to capture on your digital camera.