Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Alexandra, Ph.D.

We just received the following email message:

Two bottles of advil, three bottles of pepcid AC, and two massages to relieve stress over the past seven years - $200

Nocodazole and other reagents for lab work - over $1000

Breakfast food and coffee to induce food coma in my thesis committee members - $100

Walking out of my defense with a PhD - priceless

Congratulations, Alex!! You have worked so hard. Now take a little time to exhale, enjoy your family and get ready for the next phase.

Alexandra is one of my daughter's dearest friends. She is a remarkable young woman that I am proud to say occupies a special place in our hearts. I could write much more but it would probably not do her the proper service. Suffice it to say, she is a beloved daughter to her mother, a loving wife to her spouse and fellow Ph.D. John, and devoted mother to one year old Katrina Isabel. Please take a view moments to enjoy their blog. You can surely catch the essence of the woman and her family.

Savor the moment, Alex. We are all very proud of you.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

You are such a sweetie! I am so incredibly touched by this post. I can't wait to move down south so that we can see more of you both. Hugs and kisses!