Thursday, May 10, 2007

I've Been Tagged

My friend Terry who "never" engages in such frivolity tagged me with this meme. The rules are to list seven random facts/habits about yourself and list and tag seven other bloggers. More on the others a bit later. Here in no particular order are seven random facts/habits about me:
  1. Like Terry (I did not know this before), I do not like watermelon or mayonnaise -- never have, never will.
  2. I am not an artist but I am a pretty fair seamstress and crafter of some things. My daughter and some of my friends refer to me as "Martha Stewart" when it comes to gift wrapping and some project creations. I made the chuppa for my daughter's wedding and since then have shied away from such projects but am getting the itch once again. I have been know to knit, embroider, take a few pictures, etc.
  3. We have lived in six states in the last 31 years.
  4. Passion long ago made me realize that I could not be successful in politics. It is difficult for me to compromise on many issues.
  5. Patience has not always been a virtue for me but I found great patience in working with small businesses. I was a business advisor/counselor most of my working years.
  6. My spouse, Bill, loves the ocean but I love the mountains. To me there is nothing quite like walking through the morning dew and hearing the larks sing.
  7. I was a successful high school debater.

Here's where things get a little tricky. Since I am a fairly low key blogger, I have not reached very far into cyber world. I do not have seven other bloggers I can tag. I am going to tag one blogger and list six folks who are active emailers.

  • John & Alexandra might not participate because of their very busy schedules but their blog is a special gift to friends and family.
  • Mary A would be a wonderful blogger. It would be so interesting for her to tell of her times working the wheat harvest as well as her travels to South Africa.

  • Mary E my old friend from college has spent a lot of time living in, shall we say, dessert environs.

  • Marty could share some tidbits about life as a restaurateur.

  • My sister-in-law, Eunice, has travelled widely for positions she held.

  • De is the epitome of smart, attractive and entrepreneurial woman.

  • Tonee -- a gracious lady

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

Aw, you are a good sport! I did not realize that we shared a dislike of watermelon and mayonaise either, until now. Me, I like the mountains too. They smell a lot better than the ocean.