Monday, May 28, 2007

Geoff

Yesterday was my son-in-law's birthday. It's not that I forgot, it's just that I have trouble remembering the days right for those whose birthdays fall on either the 25th or 27th of a month. Anyway, Geoff turned 31 yesterday. What a great guy he is.

My first extended time with Geoff was on Columbus Day 1999. We had all just returned to the DC area after attending a wedding on Cape Cod. Geoff had the day off and his duty was to haul me around to various places. I had never visited Mount Vernon and so off we went. I was so impressed with his knowledge of Washington and his thoughtful understanding of the impact early and current leaders on our history. He is a political beast to whom we turn to get perspective on current situations. He is also kind and caring guy with an excellent sense of humor. He is a good person.

Geoff and Erica met while students at Johns Hopkins. They married in 2004. This picture was taken on their wedding day. What a beautiful day that was!!

Happy Birthday Geoff!! We love you.

No comments: