Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Corner of Washington Blvd and "Say What?"

Notice anything strange about this street sign? It is directly across the street from my daughter and son-in-law's house. All the other signs for 3rd ST appear to be correct but this one has a problem. I wonder if anyone should fix it or just leave it there for novelty's sake. I vote for the later.

I got back yesterday from a weeklong trip to east coast where I spent the week with Erica and Geoff and while there I made the final decision on where we will be placing our hats when we journey back there next month. We will be living in Milton, Delaware. Milton is a very small town less than 10 miles from Atlantic beaches. It is an historic village with a bit of a blue collar edge. The area is growing and is located very closely to other activity centers of the area while being away some from the frenetic pace of summertime population expansion.

We are looking forward to taking this next step in our lives. The moving van arrives on November 8 and then we start on our cross-country road trip. I would have liked to have done a Springtime trip but it will be wonderful being settled before Christmas.

Now the real fun (not) begins. We have done some packing and some things were not unpacked when I moved over here to Tacoma, but packing in earnest must begin.

Stay tuned. More to come as we move forward or is that laterally?

No comments: